Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 6:18 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: How can I make my stone wall less attractive as a place for teens to hang out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:47 am 

We built a nice stone wall, about 2 or 3 feet high, along the side of our property. It has a nice, flat top, perfect for hanging out.. We like people sitting on the wall when they stop to chat while walking past our house. However, at night teenagers tend to congregate there and make too much noise, usually involving alcohol. They they usually leave their rubbish on our lawn or in the street.

Some folks have said we should have put sharp rocks on top, but I didn't think that would be neighborly. But any suggestions on how we could make the wall less attractive as a late night place to meet?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: How can I make my stone wall less attractive as a place for teens to hang out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:14 am 

I would string it with an electric wire and plug it in at night.. that way anyone sitting on it to party will receive a shock and after a bit of conditioning to the shock will avoid the area

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:41 am 

Put up motion sensor spotlights to shine on the wall. It wouldn't be so private anymore.

It is illegal for kids to have alcohol, and you don't want to encourage that on your property. If you know any of the parents, talk to them and tell them what their kids are doing.

If you have a big dog, you can also take him for a walk when the crowd settles in on your wall.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:07 am 

Post no loitering signs?????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 am 

put up a no soliciting sign.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:01 pm 

plant some poison ivy? lol well i guess that wouldn't be too neighborly to others that stop by during the day, im sure the kids would get the hint pretty quickly!

How about a sprinkler? you can put it on a timer for when ever they usually come around, or you could have it on a motion sensor, but again you might end up spraying other people.

You could call the local non emergency police number, and tell them you've been having problems, maybe they can have someone drive by a couple times a night, might discourage them a bit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 pm 

Put up a sign that says, "Beware of poisonous snakes."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 pm 

Put a portable radio somewhere close and play opera music or orchestral tunes all night. That's how many businesses in downtown Minneapolis keep kids from loitering in front of the building.

Make the kids aware of your presence. If you don't want to go talk directly to them, go outside and putter around with the lawn or a shrub or whatever is close to the wall. Make yourself seen so they know someone is watching.

Some kind of lighting system might work, look into solar spotlights or something similar that shines in the area at night.

Feel free to call the police and ask them to just drive by your house and see if anyone is out there. Report a loud noise, bottle breaking, loud music playing - anything to get them to just drive by your house so the teens will know that the police patrol the area.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 pm 

Local police usually have spare cars, let them park one at night on the street close by. If what they are doing is illegal, they won't tarry long.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:47 pm 

Have you heard of the frequency emitter called a "mosquito"? They were discussing it on the radio the other day. You can activate it just at night if you like, and get this--only 13 to 24 year olds can hear that frequency and they move on. Some places, mostly public parks, have been using it with some great success for over a year. not sure the cost, but google mosquito teen repellor or something like that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How can I make my stone wall less attractive as a place for
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:06 pm 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 pm 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 pm 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 pm 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next