Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:40 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: I've got acne issues!!?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:49 am 

Ok im still a teen so i know that acne pretty much comes hand in hand so i just want to know what kinds of products are most effective examples proactive or neutrogena, and which one heals acne scars. I don't really get that much, only on a certain time of the month and what really bothers me are those darn acne scars!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 am 

birth control

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm 

Visit Sepohra( ?? SP) located in JC Penney Stores-those girls have good info about products that might be of help to you

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:35 pm 

well it depends, some products work better for others.
if u want to go the natural way try drinking a cup of green tea everyday and drinking a lot of water.
for those nasty scars try using vitamin e oil, u can buy a bottle of tablets at costco and u just break them and apply it on the scar. its better to use the vitamin e oil before u go to bed because it is sticky.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:31 am 

Avoid washes as these strip away natural oils which actually causes skin to produce more oil which clogs pores, instead try cleansing with Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) which maintains natural oils keeping skin healthy so prevents acne as well as blackheads, it will prevent your skin getting greasy, and will help heal scars. For OCM mix half extra virgin olive oil to moisturize and half castor oil to cleanse, also try adding a little tea tree oil which is antibacterial. Massage into your face then put a hot face cloth over your face for a minute to open pores, then wipe off oil, any trace amounts are absorbed into skin so won't be greasy. http://www.moogoo.com.au/category13_1.htm Seriously, try it, I promise it really does work amazingly well. Be sure to use your own face cloth and towel when getting washed too, keeping them clean and dry to avoid bacterial growth, also follow cleansing with moisturizing, as long as it's not greasy it won't cause spots instead it'll keep skin healthy which will prevent spots and help heal skin ? remembering oil is good for skin try Bio Oil to moisturize and heal scars.

Once a week steam to open pores, do this by putting your head over hot water with a towel over it, but don't do this dueing breakouts as it stimulates blood flow and oil glands. Exfoliate weekly to scrub off dead skin, use something with rounded beads to avoid damage to your skin which can cause more spots, or you may want to try cosmetic vinegar which also promotes circulation, regulates skins pH and is antiseptic. Mix 500ml of apple cider vinegar, 3ml lavender essential oil, 3ml rosemary essential oil, 2ml rosewood essential oil, and 2 tablespoons glycerine, place into a glass bottle, use as cleanser by adding 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 cup of water. Try masks too, there are many easy recipes online, see Make Your Own Cosmetics http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com or Pioneer Thinking http://www.pioneerthinking.com try this strawberry acne mask; mix together ½ cup fresh strawberries, 1 egg white, and 2 teaspoons of honey until smooth. To use spread over face and leave for 15 minutes, rinse off with cool water and pat dry. This one is good as strawberries are rich in salicylic acid which is commonly used in acne treatments, honey is also antibacterial.

Keep yourself healthy, diet is a big factor so get a healthy diet with plenty of fruit, vegetables and lots of water, but also avoid salty foods as iodine aggravates acne, also try a good multivitamin - vitamins A, B6, zinc and chromium help to clean up acne (FYI chromium also helps suppress sugar cravings). Get plenty of exercise, sleep and stay stress-free, also pay particular attention to skin during harsh weather when it's more prone to damage, that includes using sunscreen at all times. Make-up isn't a problem if you use mineral foundation which has great coverage but doesn't clog pores, also keep your make-up clean as dirty sponges or hands in make-up will cause bacteria which in turn causes spots. Avoid products like hairsprays with synthetic polymers such as vinyl or other plastics, that is because if it gets onto the skin on your face, as it does if spraying all over your head even if aiming for your hair, it will clog pores particularly where there are larger pores such as on the chin or mouth.

If it's hormone related then try regulating your hormones, as a note some missinformed people will suggest the pill for this, however it doesn't regulate your menstrual cycle at all, it suppress it, so although periods come at regular times it's only as they're forced - this stops you learning from your menstrual cycles, which is important in caring for sexual health, it means problems get covered up instead of treated, and the pill has side-effects such as increasing acne! Take Evening Primrose Oil or Black Cohosh capsules daily, you can get these from supermarkets and health stores to help regulate your cycles. If you get cramps use Clary Sage oil from a health store, massaged into your tummy it's better than painkillers, but the best thing is that also it supports estrogen production and acts on the pituitary gland to help regulate your cycles - preventing cramps and helping with your acne problem.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:26 am 

I had severe acne for years and nothing worked. Proactive doesn't work for everyone, but it's pretty good. If you're just concerned with the scars, remember to not pick at your acne bumps- this only makes it worse.

Also, try a fade cream, like Palmer's Fade Cream if you have dark marks. If its scars like ice pick scars (I guess that's what they're called), try microdermabrasion. The machine and cream are sold together in stores like Walmart, CVS, etc.

If nothing else works, try Accutane, but only as a last resort. If you're a sexually active female, you have to take every possible measure to prevent pregnancy b/c the drug causes SEVERE birth defects. Each month you have to pass a short quiz and your doctor has to enter some information into a database.

It's a lot of work, but it's worth it.

If you use the fade cream, remember to use sunscreen when you go out b/c the sun will make your acne scars darker when using fade cream.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:21 pm 

I had to switch makeup, doctors, and face washes many times before I found something that worked. ProActiv made my face worse and I'm allergic to it. (it turned my lips white and inside out.) I use Rare Minerals Face Cleanser and Bare Escentuals makeup. When I get a breakout, I use Differin cream. If thinks aren't THAT bad do NOT get accutane. It's a last resort for really REALLY bad acne. And by the way you're talking, it doesn't seem that bad. So, good luck!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I've got acne issues!!?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am 
Advanced Member

????????

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next