Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How much would it cost to advertise my business in the yellow pages?
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm 

I'm starting a new business and would like to find out how much it would cost to advertise it. It's my first time doing this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: How much would it cost to advertise my business in the yellow pages?
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm 

Pssst...call the people who publish the Yellow Pages. You can find that information in the Yellow Pages within the first page or two, or inside the front cover, or on the front of the book.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:53 pm 

If you are just starting a business, the Yellow Pages are probably the last thing in the world you should be looking at. I spent about $50,000 my first year with Y/P. It nearly cost me my business.

Thank God, we made it through, business intact. You NEED to research direct response marketing. It is all about making ads cover their own bills. Y/P will NOT do this unless you are an attorney or a doctor. Referral marketing is the most powerful type of marketing out there. It's nearly FREE!

Check out this site. www.themarketingbible.com It is the best money you will spend on marketing. David Frey knows his stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm 

It really depends on the business. Anywhere from 50.00 - 50,000 a month. I work as a media consultant for Yellow Book /Google the oldest and largest independent yellow page publisher in the nation. It is my job to find a program that will bring you the best return on your investment. We have great starter programs that can get you in our book and on the Internet. I would be more than happy to talk to you in more detail, if you would like to email me I can give you my number and we can get you in touch with the right people. Its always fun to talk to people starting new businesses!

Word of mouth advertising is wonderful, if you are a business that has been around for years, but if you are starting a new business you need to do some other forms of advertising to be competitive in your industry.

Direct response marketing is OK, but again you are trying to reach out to people in the hopes they will be interested in your product and call you when they are ready to buy. Yellow pages advertising and Internet search engine advertising are one of the few ways that you can guarantee to reach your customer at the time they are ready to buy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:53 pm 

I would look around for other, newer types of advertising like mobile advertising. Try www.goliathads.com if you want to advertise in Southern California or www.oaaa.org for information on other areas.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail