Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:25 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Hollywood Icon Elizabeth Taylor Dies
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:13 pm 

Hollywood Icon Elizabeth Taylor Dies

Jeff Seldin | Washington March 23, 2011
Hollywood actress Elizabeth Taylor (file photo)
Photo: Reuters

Hollywood actress Elizabeth Taylor (file photo)
Share This

* Facebook
* Yahoo! Buzz
* Twitter

Related Articles

* Elizabeth Taylor Laid to Rest During Private Service
* Elizabeth Taylor Remembered for Sultry Roles, Turbulent Life

One of the most famous and most talked-about actresses to come out of Hollywood has died. Film legend Elizabeth Taylor died Wednesday of congestive heart failure at the age of 79.

Taylor's striking beauty demanded the attention of audiences from the moment she appeared on the silver screen.

Her role in National Velvet made Taylor a star at the age of 12, and the parts and the fame kept on coming.

Twice she won the Academy Award for Best Actress, for her role in Butterfield Eight, about a call girl involved with a married man, and in 1966 as a constantly bickering wife opposite actor Richard Burton in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Related video report by Penelope Poulou

Born in London to American parents, she moved to Los Angeles before World War II, and went from child star to Hollywood starlet. But she gained attention for more than just her beauty and acting talent.

Her stormy personal life and eight marriages - two to Virginia Woolf co-star Richard Burton - as well as her friendship with the late pop-icon Michael Jackson, made her a constant source of stories for the press.

She also introduced her own perfume and raised money for several causes, including money for medical research on AIDS.

Taylor was hospitalized for congestive heart failure six weeks ago in Los Angeles. A statement from Taylor's family says she died peacefully, with her children at her side.

* Watch
* Listen
* Email
* Print
* Comments

Comments (6)
23-03-2011

Rest in peace, Elizabeth, and condonlences to your family and friends. Patricia
23-03-2011 Winsor

The time has come to say goodbye to ElizabethTaylor. We will miss every bit moment of yours. thanks you.
23-03-2011 liz fan forever (USA)

She is American Royalty. She survived the stress of celebrity, and addictions to prescripti­on drugs and alcohol. On that note, celebritie­s are overdosing on “legal” drugs more than old fashioned cocaine or alcohol, and the book ADDICT NATION by sober TV Host Jane Velez-Mitc­hell (Issues on HLN) insists it has become a national epidemic. I agree. More on this important issue at http://add­ictnation.­org.
23-03-2011 Patrick Leslie Wright (USA)

Elizabeth Taylor is the most beautiful soul from her great work she has done for the Aids community with the ET AIDS foundation to her massive Love for helping others. I wish I could have meet her but I was at her 65th birthday thanks to the AIDS Health care Foundation. I will never forget it when Whoopi got on the screen and told Liz that she was going to give her the first Social Security check
23-03-2011 // (//)

She was beutiful and attractive but so many times married ,which was the most undesirable thing in my private thought.
Source: http://www.voanews.com