Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: An appology and changes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:55 pm 

Hello Everyone,

Some of the regulars may have noticed that we've been down a bit and some problems with the forums.

Main problems you may have found

- Smilies don't work (eg laugh.gif biggrin.gif ph34r.gif blink.gif huh.gif tongue.gif cool.gif )
- Slow load times
- Over zealous language filters (eg school would be changed to schatll)

These problems have now been fixed. I've come onboard to the team and I have much experience with the backend and administration of forums and I hope to serve all members well. The smiley problem ( smile.gif ) and the language filter has been repaired.

As for the downtimes and slow load speeds, this has now been fixed by moving the whole thing to a faster server which also caused a small amount of downtime. Now the forum is very fast.

Next thing I'd like to mention:

There has been a certain amount of spam messages on the forum. This is bad as we'd like your visit here to be plesant. To help us fix this problem we are recruiting more staff for the forum. They will have Moderator status, this will allow them to delete, edit and reply to posts as appropriate. These people have been taken from our IRC channel who Miku (The person who runs this whole site and associated services) and I trust. Also regular users of the forum are currently being concidered for such positions. I'll post introductions for these members once it's all been finalised.

If you have any questions or comments about this, please make a post in reply to this or PM me directly.