Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Why do people seem to forget that Christmas is Jesus's birthday and not theirs?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm 

There is this girl I go on facebook who writes down everything she got on christmas like, an iphone, coach and louis vuitton purses, designer clothes, hair straightner, tons of perfume, and more. And she counts down the days until christmas starting in like June.

Im not saying receiving gifts is bad, i mean its fun, But it gets bad when people only seem to like it because of the things they are expecting to get. I mean the holiday christmas is jesus's birthday, its not yours (of course unless you have a birthday on christmas) but most people do not.

Does anyone agree with me?
Ok guys, im sorry if I offended anyone and their religious views, that's not the point of this question, if your not christian dont answer, I won't answer your athiest questions.
Why would an athiest celebrate christmas? All of you bickering about "jesus was born in september, or oh there is no god" you have to much time on your hands to bicker about this.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid= ... 514AAH6b05

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Why do people seem to forget that Christmas is Jesus's birthday and not theirs?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:54 am 

'Because not everyone is religious and they see it as a Family/Gift Sharing holiday and not jesus' birthday.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 am 

'Yes. It's very annoying when somebody brags, or acts ungrateful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 am 

'Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jesus+wasn%27t+born+on+december+25

Edit: Google it, then thumbs me down. Shouldn't every Christian know this?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:36 am 

'It's ridiculous how people are getting presents already, in my opinion. Someone put up a banner by our beach house that says "happy birthday, Jesus!", if that makes you feel better. But, I somewhat agree, I don't think it's about really "receiving" it's about being with the people you love.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:15 am 

'Yes, I agree with you. Other religions don't have the mixed messages we Christians get - no Muslims think Ramadan is a great time to be getting tons of presents - it is a holy time for them. I'd be happy if Christmas was remembered as a holy, religious holiday which commemorated the birth of Christ, and lets have presents some other time, eh!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 am 

'Jesus was born in late August possibly early September. So technically it's not that either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 am 

'I guess for Christians it should be more for Jesus, but a lot of people don't celebrate it for the same reason as you do. For example, I'm an Atheist but my family and I celebrate Christmas because it's just a fun holiday for us to give and be happy and grateful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:20 am 

'Christmas over time has become less of a true holiday and more commercialized, where it's about presents.
Not everyone is Christian, so they tend to just celebrate Christmas for family and stuff.

I agree, due to my religious background I believe that "Jesus is the reason for the season" but I think that Christmas also has to do with family and just appreciating everything that life has given you. It's sad that people don't realize it and only think about all the gifts they're going to recieve.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 am 

'Not everyone is christian/catholic so don't be so close minded.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:11 am 

'I completely agree. It's because people are too busy thinking of themselves on Christmas.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:34 pm 

'Kay, guess what? Not everybody has the same belief system as you. So, I find it kind of rude that you're telling me how to celebrate as the birth of Jesus Christ when that is not why I celebrate it one bit.

You have to realize that Christmas is a commercialized holiday. People can celebrate it however they I want. I'm not going to start calling my tree a holiday tree, am I?

I get where you are coming from. The holiday season to me is all about spending time with your loved ones and celebrating being together as a family. However, if she wasn't raised to think that, you can't expect much from her. She doesn't necessarily have it bad believing that way, but to others it is annoying. She is just fine and dandy that way, so, w/e. XP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:17 am 

'last year, that's all my bro talked about. he'd already been complaining about how it didn't feel like christmas, then he goes "oh, now i see why it didn't feel like christmas. these gifts are crap. and that's all he talked about for the rest of the day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:15 am 

'Actually Christmas isn't Jesus' birthday at all. It's origins are pagan, and the Church of Odin claims the holiday as it's own. LOL, I'm Christian, but I'm just saying.

Anyway a lot of people celebrate it who aren't religious at all. I don't think you'll be able to change the way they see it, but I agree with you to a certain extent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:04 am 

'im only 14 but it really annoys me when non religious people are like " I CANT WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS" and stuff like that... they dont even care that its celebrating his birthday, makes me so mad:@

Profile E-mail