Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Why do people seem to forget that Christmas is Jesus's birthday and not theirs?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:58 am 

'I totally agree with you. I mean we are supposed to be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Its called CHRISTmas anyways!! Honestly, on those jcpenney and Walmart commercials, all you see is "get the gift of your dreams". it highly annoys me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Why do people seem to forget that Christmas is Jesus's birthday and not theirs?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:04 am 

'Technically jesus was born around september. So it's not really his birthday. There's this whole story about why christmas is called CHRISTmas. and it came wayyy after jesus. And originally it wasn't even called christmas. :) google the story. I think you would learn something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:06 am 

'I agree. This is when we should be celebrating the birth of Jesus even if it is not his technical birthday. It has become a time of year where people think that all that matters are the gifts, but that's not what I believe. In fact I am about to leave to go to a Christmas service right now. I believe that we should keep Christ in Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:11 am 

'In actual fact Jesus was born somewhere in mid-July i believe.

Plus i have Muslim, Hindu, Wicca, Atheist etc friends all of whom celebrate Christmas. Now it's become a slightly more commercial holiday, with is neither good nor bad.

I agree some people are spoilt (i.e. that girl you talked about) but, hey it's Christmas.

SnowBarbie: Actually i live in the Middle East, where many of my muslim friends get presents on Ramadan during Iftar and during Eid. Plus the majority, if not all, of my friends celebrate Christmas.

I myself am atheist but i celebrate Christmas, fast during Ramadan and celebrate in the festival of lights (Hindu). That doesn't mean i am 'cheating' but i merely think that *I* enjoy these festivals/holidays, regardless if or if not there is a god they are enjoyable times i spend with family and friends.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:41 am 

'SATAN666

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:43 am 

'Other people have too much time on their hands? Love, you have too much time on your hands if this girl who is obviously spoiled and shallow gets to you this much.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:51 am 

'Christmas isn't exactly religious anymore. It's mostly commercialized and is also hugely influenced by Pagan practices.
Go to mass or something if you want your holiday to be religious, but don't expect others to do it too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:27 am 

'I definately agree. I'll admit, I have my moments but I try to remember that it is a very special day and that we should celebrate it respectively.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:26 am 

'http://paganizingfaithofyeshua.netfirms.com/examples_dec_25_births.htm
Ha. Read it and weep ^^

"Why would an athiest celebrate christmas?"
You realize that the vast majority of Christmas traditions, such as having a Christmas tree and Santa Claus, are PAGAN TRADITIONS, correct?

So I guess I should ask you: why would a CHRISTIAN celebrate Christmas?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:40 am 

'If I was you, I really wouldn't care if I offended anyone, I am Christian and they are sort of offending me! Because you are meant to celebrate Jesus' bday , nowadays people can see only presents with Xmas and it's disappointing....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:03 am 

'People, is when Jesus was actually born or what Christmas was originally supposed to be about even relevant to this question? I highly doubt its original purpose (even if it wasn't the birth of Jesus) was to be materialistic and expect a ton of presents.

Christmas is really commercialized like any other holiday, what do you expect? People like to buy stuff anyway, Christmas is just another excuse to do so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:24 am 

'Well it may be because they aren't religious I mean I'm not religious (Anymore)

And you say people who aren't religious shouldn't celebrate Christmas but if they don't believe it is to do with Jesus they just see it as a celebration like new year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 am 

'I think that some (not all) teens and children only think about the fun stuff on Christmas, instead the family time. That would explain why the girl on facebook always posts those ridiculous updates, also she could be spoiled.

I know that when I was younger, my favourite part was feeling the wrapping papers ad shredding it, knowing that I could expect something interesting from my parents and family. This year, I'm more excited about family time.

.Also, I don't belong to any religion but I still celebrate Christmas as a family holiday

Profile E-mail