Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Am I doing the right think here? Please give me you opinion x?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:09 am 

Sorry I know this is really long and complicated but please will you tell me what you think?

Last October I an started an agreement to share with my pony with a girl at our stables as I am currently at uni and needed someone to release some of the pressures. The agreement being we would share both the responsibilities and costs. The first month went smoothly and I received her payment. However once it got to november I didn't receive any money for that month. Not particularly wanting to talk about this over the phone I waited to see her (stupid of me i know) but I didn't see her at all right through to mid-late January except from a distance and I got the impression she was trying to avoid me.

During this time I had started bringing the pony in during the nights due to the bad weather. When I eventually spoke to her I asked if she still wanted to do the share and was surprised when she said that she did. So I organised a rota so that one of us would either sort out the pony in the morning or the evening depending on the day so that it was practically even (although I gave myself one extra day as I really needed her help and I didn't want to put her off with giving her too may days.)

However my mum also has a pony that I effectively have to look after now due to my mothers illness. I asked her if when she's bringing the pony we share in and out of the field in the morning or evening she could bring my mum's pony in as well (making sure of course that I had already prepared its stable beforehand) as they share the same field and i thought it would be pretty pointless sharing my pony with her so that I have more time for uni if I was going to have to come down to stables the same amount of time anyway. She replied that yes she would giving me no inclination towards being unhappy to do so.

Since then however I have received no money and have been doing most of the work in terms of preparing the pony we're meant to be sharing's stable leaving the haynet and water for her to do perhaps once or twice a week but cleaning it out myself. I was quite happy to do most of the work as I reasoned she was having to bring my mothers horse in and out which wasn't really her responsibility and I felt that it did make it reasonably fair. Today I sent her a text asking her for the money for this last month (I thought I'd be lenient with the other months as she wasn't actually looking after my pony at the time and blamed myself for not keeping her informed) and I received a reply saying that she didn't feel it was fair that she should pay as she thinks she's putting in more than she getting out of it saying that she didn't mind helping us out by doing both of them but didn't think she should have to pay to do so.

I really don't think this is fair as all she's really been doing is bringing them in and out of the stable and giving them their bucket of feed (a job that takes at most 10-15mins). In fact on one of the occasions that I left the hay and water for her to do I came down to discover that she hadn't even put the hay in the haynet but had simply shoved it onto the floor.
Am I right here? and what do people think I should do? I need her help more than I need the money as I still have a job alongside my studies and I'm living at home but I really don't think its fair that she should get away with not paying anything! :s

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:09 am 

She's taking the p*ss out of you, and sadly has been doing so for so long its unlikely you'll get her to change now without a lot of hassle, or see the money she owes you.
If I were in your position I would "sack" her and find yourself a new loaner....

Next time draw up a contract, and get them to set up a standing order to pay the money direct into your account if possible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:22 am 

She stopped paying after the first month and I don't see that you ever really got an explanation as to why she did this. Anyone, who does this kind of thing is not to be trusted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:34 am 

Find someone else. She is not holding up her end at all.

Profile E-mail